Saturday, January 30, 2016

Wellington Hills Park and a short action film inspired by Star Wars

Yesterday I posted the following on Facebook:

"Inspired by Star Wars… this entertaining 2-minute action film was directed and co-produced by the very talented Dylan Kato.

After watching the chase and light saber fight, go back and notice the opening and closing aerial shots … yep, that’s Wellington Hills Park, north side of 240th St.

Remember; help us save the park from unnecessary expansionist development. Your donations are always welcome."

----

Not included on Facebook was the debate I had with myself.

Originally I intended to use the word, "imperialist" but decided on the less picturesque "expansionist".  Editing Facebook, once something is posted, is generally not recommended.

I now wish I had kept "imperialist"... because, after four years of dealing with the county ... it's the better word to describe how things have been.

And, to expand on the Star Wars metaphor ... the Wellington Hills community is a peace loving village, buffeted by stresses and agents from the far away county capitol.

May the Force be with us!


No comments: